Head First: It Really Does Roll Downhill...

Friday, September 02, 2005

It Really Does Roll Downhill...


Perhaps I should take a deep breath and count to ten a few hundred times, but I need to write.

It's easy to use words like perseverance, patience, longsuffering when you think that things will ultimately work out the way you want them to. Quoting the first chapter of James works great when you still believe that "the wrong shall fail, the right prevail, with peace on earth, goodwill to men." But what happens when ground under you gives way? What do you do when propoganda triumphs and the truth takes one in the rear from the very guy charged with its safekeeping?

My struggle at church appears to have ended several hours ago, with a rather unceremonious ass-covering McCarthyite ulitimatum. They say that history is written by the winners. As such, the official version will now be a delusion, passed on in whispers, the product of one man's paranoia, insecurity and macho bullshit.


-----------------------
Added 09/02/05, 8:12 pm EST,

I probably should have disabled comments on this post. It wasn't my aim to start a discussion. It would be totally inappropriate to give details publicly. But it was 3:00 in the morning and I needed to get this off my chest so I could get to sleep. I appreciate the encouraging words I've received.

2 comments:

curious servant said...

Hang in there. I don't know what has happened, and it isn't my place to sound like I have all the wisdom and even have a clue.

But, I see you are a Christ follower and that is where I want to connect.

Hang in there. I have had some tough times, but things do get better.

Perhaps this means you need to go elsewhere. Perhaps you do need to persevere (I don't know, but when I finish this comment I'll read your earlier postings to learn more).

(LORD, please permit this servant of Yours to sense Your presense. It is clear that thing are straining his faith. May he feel You near and gain strength from it. Whatever is happening, wherever this leads, please be present. Amen.)

BruceD said...

Sounds like religion's got you down, my friend. It has a way of doing that to us all...