Head First: Did I mention that I hate politics?

Monday, November 06, 2006

Did I mention that I hate politics?

I will be so freaking happy when this election is over. Mark my words, it doesn't matter who gets elected. No politician (or group of politicians) is going to solve this country's problems. The priority of a Republican politician is exactly the same as that of a Democratic politician-- getting into (and remaining in) a position of power. Ideologically, I haven't heard a sensible proposal from any quarter, so it really doesn't matter to me who wins tomorrow (except that Democrats always seem to raise my taxes, even though I'm nowhere near the top 2 percent). Personally, I'm hoping that the President will feel free to ask for Donald Rumsfeld's resignation after tomorrow, but that's neither here nor there.


I really don't want to seem fatalistic about it, but I can't even imagine a solution to the extreme political division in America. We can argue all day about how we became so polarized, but the question is how do we find common ground again? I'm pretty sure tomorrow's not going to offer a solution.

2 comments:

shelly said...

Personally, I'm hoping that the President will feel free to ask for Donald Rumsfeld's resignation after tomorrow, but that's neither here nor there.

I don't see it happening. If it didn't happen after the whole Abu Ghraib thing, it sure isn't going to happen now.

sandytrif said...

so confusing to hear the ads and wonder what these people really stand for! I don't think we ever truly know. WELL themselves!!
So glad that the election is over and all the ads will be off the air.