Head First: It's not all turnpike and tenements.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

It's not all turnpike and tenements.

I occasionally speak of the "still gardeny part of the Garden State." Well here's a taste (my favorite taste, too). Climbing a tree in the back part of the orchard is like being somewhere else entirely. Good therapy. I'm not saying this is what keeps me here, but this is one of the things that make it tolerable (well that and the fact that the woman I sleep with lives here).


The ones they grow over by the landfill have arms. Pretty trippy, if you're not used to it.

11 comments:

Penless Thoughts said...

Those look lucious!
Susan

sofyst said...

Hi

RF2R2 said...

Sofyst,

You are naughty... where have you been!

I love you,

Brandon

mark said...

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I've really grown to love New Jersey. It really isn't the caricatured hell hole that Hollywood makes it out to be.

And that hunky Dorsey lives there too...

Mike said...

I'm not sure if anything could ever entice me to move north of, say, Kentuky, or North Carolina. Maybe though it is all Hollywood's fault for making it look so bad up there. It is all I have to go buy though. If it wasn't for Hollywood I wouldn't have any idea what it was like up there except cold.

sandytrif said...

we picked cherries last year~yummy. We also did the strawberries last year. So guess all of jersey is not that bad!
Sandy

pecheur said...

Thanks for the comments.

I liek the "free as a bird" motto.

You are pretty dang good with words.

Missy said...

It just occurred to me, this post... the last post...

Did you chop down a cherry tree?
;-)

dorsey said...

I cannot tell a lie...no. I love cherries too much. But that's funny.

Missy said...

I know.

Happy Father's Day!

Anonymous said...

are those the cherries mommy used to make that gross silica gell pie??


hehe!! ilove you daddy