Head First: Hiatus

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hiatus

I am hesitant to do this, because the minute I do, a mad flurry of ideas will overtake me and I'll be putting up posts left and right. However, I think I'm done for a while. We just lost another dear friend to cancer, and to be honest, it's taken some of the wind out of my sails. On top of that, I have a very busy summer ahead, and what leisure time I have, I want to spend fishing, on the bike, in the Jeep, with my family, and brewing high-quality ales. As you know, I've been back in church for several months, but I still don't see a place for myself there, except for the opportunities it affords to be in relationship. My wife and daughter will go to Guatemala again in a few weeks to work with the poor there, so keep them in your thoughts and prayers (better yet, send money. heh). I'll be around, and you can always find me on facebook. Still, keep your RSS feeds on.

Peace. I love you.

13 comments:

Zeke said...

Part of the natural flow, bro. You will be missed of course, but I know we'll see you around.

My condolances on the loss of your friend. This kind of thing is never easy.

Much peace and love, my bro.

Another Voice said...

I find this very disappointing, but understand.

Missy

Kc said...

You know my heart on all of this.

Where do we send our checks? ;-)

pecheur said...

Will miss you of course, but I know how it is to need a break.

As you know, I've been back in church for several months,
I have mixed emotions on that. ;)

You're a Kiva loaner? We were thinking of doing that. Cool.

Enjoy the break

mark said...

I'll have to make an appointment to stop in for a sip of Dorseybrau this fall...much love to you and yours...enjoy your summer - I'll be in touch.

sandytrif said...

Guess I will have to re-install my face book to keep in touch~~hehe.

Or call Luke for fishing.
I too am grieving the loss of this dear one.
As for church, now that I am in a different place, I would not want to miss one moment of it.

Praying for the trip to Guatemala for the entire group going.

As for the Ale~I will pass.

Have a great summer.

Sandy

Rock in the Grass (Pete Grassow) said...

get on that bike brother
PG

The Cubicle Reverend said...

may you find peace and rest my man.

Spiritbear said...

You will be missed but I fully understand. I wish you all the best

Ron said...

Hi Dorsey,

I know it has been a while, and I am sorry to hear of your loss. I read your thoughts about being back in church with interest. Just remember, you don't simply go to church, you ARE the church. God Bless you, my friend.

Kenny-Po said...

I can't believe I've gone almost a year now without any Dorse-blog... craziness.

Kenny-Po said...

And it's now been over 2 years... crazy!

web lol said...

kul post